Wednesday 31 July 2013

Out and About in Edinburgh

This is Grannie and Grandad's street.  We live on the first floor and there are two more levels above us.  So three houses share the stairs plus the groundfloor house.There is a back garden that is shared by all the people in the tenement and Callum and I like to go and play in it.  Nobody in the street has a garage, parking is all on the road.  We live nice and close to the city so we walk everywhere and only sometimes catch the bus if we have done lots of walking.  I have included some photos of places we have walked to.
 


This is a view over to Arthurs Seat (also known as the lion due to its shape) and the Salisbury Craggs both of which we climbed.  The photo was taken one evening at the top of Blackford Hill which is 15mins walk from Gran and Grandads house

 
 
 The Salisbury Craggs


The Lion


    Mum at the top of blackford Hill at 9pm so you can see how light it still was.
Mum and I climbing Arthurs Seat

At the top - it was hot!!  Edinburgh has given us a great second summer.




Edinburgh castle which Callum, Mum Gran and I explored together





 
 Dad, Grandad and I went and had a round of golf at Grandad's golf course.  I got to drive the buggy all around the golf course.  There were some good hills to drive up and I didn't lose any passengers!!!  I got to have a go at putting and teeing off on a few holes.
 
This was a guy we bumped into along the Royal Mile and he had no head!!!


 Talk about disappearing heads - what happened to our bodies????
 By Leah, Callum and Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment